Classes of hosting services
A hosting service entails saving and/or sharing specific web content on a web hosting server administered by a web hosting supplier. There are various forms of hosting services used for various goals, so let's take a look at these. Thus, you can determine what you need, depending on whether you wish to create a site, mail address accounts, or to share files with friends and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution made available by given firms, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free file storage solutions often involve advertisements beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a specific spell of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly imprecise explanation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would divide the tasks at hand between autonomous packs of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending various hosting services (mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a brand of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; given suppliers provide a hosting solution for images only. This hosting kind is good if you wish to share a large number of pics with comrades or colleagues since the solution is generally free of charge. You will get a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to administering your e-mail address accounts. Some suppliers provide site hosting services for web pages, but do not supply an email solution. If you wish to own an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can set up e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip generates a given amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video clips and several hundred site visitors, you may have a hard time with your web hosting resources. Embedding the video file will enable you to administer as many video files as you want without worrying about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you desire to own a website. To some degree, it comprises all of the aforementioned hosting sorts since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can keep databases and e-mail aliases, upload video files, and so on. At Lonex, for instance, you can examine web hosting and dedicated server hosting services that enable you to have all of the abovementioned services in one place. There may be limits depending on the type of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the normal email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are created for particular content solely.